Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Health Care Facilities in Zimbabwe: An Overview
This fact sheet provides an overview of water, sanitation and hygiene services in health care facilities in Zimbabwe based on data from the Joint Monitoring Programme for Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene, the Vital Medicines Availability and Health Services Survey, and a regional scoping study on WASH in Health Care Facilities.
Key Findings Include:
• 1 in 5 HCFs in Zimbabwe does not have access to basic water services.
• 1 in 10 HCFs in Zimbabwe does not have access to any water service.
• 1 in 25 HCFs in Zimbabwe has access to basic sanitation services.
• 4 in 10 HCFs in Zimbabwe do not have access to basic hygiene services.
• 1 in 10 HCFs in Zimbabwe does not have access to any hygiene service.
• 98.4% of HCFs in Zimbabwe have access to basic waste management services.
• 3.2% of HCFs in Zimbabwe have access to basic WASH services.